Mechanical Designer or Engineer, NW Arkansas
We are looking for a Mechanical Designer or Engineer, position available in our Rogers, AR office. We are seeking a diligent and driven individual with 3+ years’ experience, with an understanding of construction. If you are eager to join, lead, and work with a great team in a fun and encouraging work environment while furthering your professional development, K2M is your place.
Mission: Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of mechanical designs and systems. Performs engineering design evaluations. May develop a range of mechanical solutions. Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects and prepares data/information and performs engineering calculations.
- Responsible for the production of CAD drawings that are of high quality being consistent, complete and accurate.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets.
- Assists in field work, checking installations, and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Knowledgeable in the design of mechanical systems including heating, ventilation, cooling, exhaust, and specialty systems for commercial and public buildings
- Knowledgeable in the design of plumbing systems including gas, potable water, sanitary, sewer, fire suppression, and specialty systems for commercial and public buildings.
- Confers with project staff for resourcing availability.
- Coordination between all A/E disciplines on a project.
- Ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Assist in the preparation of project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Construction administration, shop drawings review, response to request for information
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an ABET accredited College or University.
- (3+) years work experience in the field of Engineering.
- Fundamental of Engineering (FE) test complete or Professional Engineer, a plus.
Submit your resume through the form below.