Structural Engineer, Florida Keys
Located in our Marathon, Florida office, K2M is looking for a Structural Engineer with 5+ years’ experience.
Summary: Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of structural designs and systems. Performs engineering design evaluations. May develop a range of structural solutions. Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expanding the company’s engineering breadth and growing and maintaining client relationships
- Collects and prepares data/information and performs engineering calculations.
- Responsible for the production of CAD drawings that are of high quality being consistent, complete and accurate.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets.
- Assists in field work, checking installations, and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Knowledgeable in the design of structural systems including foundation (matt, pile, slab-on-grade), framing design, bearing wall, roof design, specialized systems, calculations, specification writing.
- Confers with project staff for resourcing availability.
- Coordination between all A/E disciplines on a project.
- Ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Assist in the preparation of project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Construction administration, shop drawings review, response to request for information
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or Master’s degree (M.S.) from an ABET accredited College or University.
- (5) or more years of work experience in the field of Engineering.
- Fundamental of Engineering (FE) test complete or Professional Engineer.
Submit your resume through the form below.