Sr. Mechanical Engineers in Indianapolis
We are looking for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer for our Indianapolis office. We are seeking a diligent and driven team leader with 15+ years experience, government experience a must, with a strong understanding of construction. If you are eager to join, lead, and work with a great team in a fun and encouraging work environment while furthering your professional development, K2M is your place.
As a fully competent Engineer, performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of the subject matter of the functional area of the assignment. Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design approach for a major phase of a large project, or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of limited scope. Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates engineering work involving conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements.
Mission: Creative problem solving using your extensive project talents to provide a comfortable environment for the building occupants that promotes productivity. Efficient design and management so as to produce the profitable projects. Mentor junior team members so they professionally grow and lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing projects and overseeing design team efforts
- Expanding the company’s engineering breadth and growing and maintaining new client relationships
- Development of mechanical design
- Provide QA/QC review of deliverables
- Resolving technical Issues
- Exceeding client project cost performance requirements while maintaining schedule – on time and on budget
- Signing and sealing construction documents (may be required)
- Proficient in the design of mechanical systems including heating, ventilation, cooling, exhaust, and specialty systems for commercial and public buildings
- Proficient in the design of plumbing systems including gas, potable water, sanitary, sewer, fire suppression, and specialty systems for commercial and public buildings.
- Prepares reports and correspondence concerning the direction of assigned projects.
- Serves as a technical advisor to project team members.
- May devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Participates in marketing and sales efforts of Company.
- Assists Construction Administrator.
- May require CAD drafting in order to meet client schedule expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or Master’s degree (preferred) (M.S.) from an ABET accredited College or University.
- (15) or more years work experience in the field of Engineering.
- Professional engineer in field of study.
Submit your resume through the form below.