Interior Designer 7+ years experience, Charlotte or Cleveland
We are looking for an Interior Designer, with 7+ years of experience, who wants to join our diverse and fun team. Positions available in Charlotte, NC or Cleveland, OH.
Summary: Primary driver of team projects by providing technical development of all designs and deliverables. Mentor junior staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages projects of medium size and level of complexity.
- Responsible for design and presentation drafting on interior design projects, including schematic design tasks and design development. Plans, designs, and furnishes interiors of commercial, hospitality, residential, or institutional spaces.
- Formulates designs that are practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity, selling merchandise, or improving lifestyle.
- May specialize in a particular field, style, or phase of interior design.
- Performs routine checking and/or verification tasks
- Creates materials for client presentations or business development activities through creation of such as finish/concept boards, renderings, or PowerPoint presentations
- Possesses understanding of contract document development, industry and brand standards, and ADA codes/guidelines.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of materials/vendors/sources, to expedite the research phase of appropriate materials. Possesses understanding of quality / budget issues of each manufacturer, and proper installation instructions. Capable of developing custom products or alterations to best fit project objectives.
- Performs space planning, selection/layout/utilization of furnishings and equipment, interior design specifications, and construction documents. Researches and selects colors/finish/materials, and performs material calculations.
- Creates budget reports, quantity matrices, punch lists, and other project related documents and tracking methods of implementation.
- Drawings – Proficient in the creation of contract documents including proper execution of floor plans, elevations, reflected ceiling plans, and schedules. Proficient in the creation of detail drawings, millwork drawings, material patterns, etc. to communicate any intricacies of the design, and in the use of notes, keys, and schedules to clarify concepts.
- Maintains Client and external Project Team member communications, as required for efficient project management.
- Possesses a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, from an accredited interior design school CIDA (the Council for Interior Design Accreditation).
- (7+) years’ work experience in the field of Interior Design.
- Hospitality Experience preferred.
- Project Management experience.
- NCIDQ Preferred (or in process).
Submit your resume through the form below.